Applying intellectual honesty toward religion, politics, health, and the environment. This is a free and safe space to think, emote, critique and re-examine currently held perspectives. Please join in on the conversation :-)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Giving A Voice To Those Who Have None


Learn more at SaveTheSheep.com

When are we going to come to our senses? How modern and civilized are we really? Why do we continue to torment and mutilate animals? Why do we act as if they are ours to use and abuse at will? How can we ignore their desires, feelings, and longings? Like us all, they want freedom, and a long happy life. I'm sickened and becoming frustrated with scandal after scandal, expose after expose of horrific images of animal abuse. Can we please stop taking advantage of creatures that can't protect themselves? Is it necessary? Do we really need their flesh to satisfy our taste buds, their skin for our aesthetic appeal? Might there be another way? Have we not the technology, ability, knowledge, and desire to live fulfilling, meaningful, productive lives without exploiting other sentient creatures? It's time to stop the uncritical approach to life that allows corporations to sell us their misuse of animals. We all make choices everyday that either says yes or no to this sad syndrome of senseless slaughter. Let's start making a difference today!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I was sure that "giving voice to those who have none" was a reference to the 55 million innocent children murdered in the last 35 years. Yet, shamefully the post is about sheep. If you want credibility with anyone other than the left, you should get your priorities straight and put the humans without voices before the animals.

Jason- Norcal

6/30/2007 5:07 PM

 
Blogger HungerTruth said...

Jason,

Do you only care about humans? Are you devoid of compassion toward the billions of animals that are killed, tortured, abused, slaughtered, and frivolously consumed? Is your heart only big enough for one over the other?

Why are you so presumptuous so as to assume that my priorities are animals over humans? If you are to have credibility with anyone, you are going to have to be a bit more cognizant and perceptive. This is the only post on animals on my entire blog! Will the right not allow just one post? The only thing shameful here is that you simply did not care to notice, nor look at my website enough to know that I link to dozens of human rights organizations.

Let's work together toward eradicating both the murder of innocent children AND animals. What a novel idea :-)

7/01/2007 7:15 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Dan,

Do I only care about humans? No. Do I put humans above animals? Absolutely. After all, mankind was made in God's image and has the breath of life, animals do not. I browsed your site and found no reference to abortion. What I found was this topic on the main page under "Giving A Voice To Those Who Have None" I didn't presume your priorities, I observed them.

I searched for abortion but no results came up. What can I conclude if there is no blog entries about abortion? If you have a post on abortion please link me to it, I'd be interested. Further, I'm not looking for credibility, it's not my website.

I'm all for the eradication of cruel treatment to animals, but on my scale of priorities, this is not even on the same radar screen as abortion. Lumping the two together equates children with animals, and that is disturbing. Does Pink have a video showing the various abortion procedures and the horrific nature of what women do to their own children? If she does, you should put that up there above the sheep video, then I could understand your priorities more clearly.

I am new to your blog and obviously cannot read everything. I spent the time to write because the sheep video was one of the first things I saw. I look forward to hearing more about what you believe.

Jason, Norcal

7/02/2007 12:56 AM

 
Blogger HungerTruth said...

Jason,

You may first want to know your Bible before giving free lessons. Genesis says, "And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground - everything that has the BREATH OF LIFE in it...(1:30). Not only do animals have the breath of life, but are called living souls (nephesh hayyah) in a number of places (1:20).

Why would you be looking for abortion if you already know where you stand and why? Abortion sites are a dime a dozen, especially on religious sites. Let's do some logic here. Mentioning two things together does not make them equal. I could mention God and Satan, does that make them equal? Come on now...

It sounds like you've seen plenty of videos about abortion with your graphic descriptions. Why do you need another? Did you know about the issue Pink raised concerning the sheep? She does not have to agree with us concerning abortion in order for us to learn from her and agree with her about this animal rights issue.

Did you look at my site hungertruth.com or just my blog? How did you find out about it? Please recommend what you think are the best abortion sites/videos. I'll think of ways to use them.

7/02/2007 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home